- Download Windows 2016
- Create QEMU/KVM Virtual Machine.
- Be sure to Disk bus under Disk hard drive type to VirtIO.
- Be sure to change NIC device model to “virtio”
- Confirm There is a “Display Spice” and “Video QXL”
- Attach both Windows 2016 ISO and the VIRTIO driver ISO downloaded from here:
- Install Windows server, and choose custom to choose the Win2k16 version. Select the CD-rom drive the was attached and navigate to the prospective folders.
- Install networking driver from iso. Install virtio serial, and virtio balloon driver. If not done in the above step by simple going to device manager, and right clicking to choose update driver. Choose browse my computer and point it to the iso. be sure to click include sub directories.
- Install Display driver QXL by going to Device mananger Display update driver
- Install QEMU “guest-agent” from iso
- Install spice-guest-tools from:
Configure for remote desktop
- Change serial, and activate Windows 2016
- Enable Windows Audio service and set to automatic.
- Rename Computer.
- Connect to existing Domain for User Authentication, or set up a new one
- Install Remote Desktop Services
- Install Remote Desktop Licenses